ATSC, DVB-T, ISDB-T, DAB/DMB
JM’s TV transmitters can secure broader coverage by implementing excellent MER features. JM’s liquid-cooled transmitter applies an optimized cooling system considering energy efficient, and a quiet transmission environment.
For the hot-pluggable power amplifier, a broken module can be replaced without broadcasting interruption.
Using a wideband Doherty amplifier, it achieves 40% amplifier efficiency and maintains constant heat sink temperature through JM’s unique liquid cooling (dual partitioning cooling – crisscross cooling) system, operating reliably.
Since we have various liquid-cooled and air-cooled RF power amplifiers outputs, we can configure a transmitter with a desired output of power amplifiers with customer’s needs and supply the most suitable transmitter for your transmission station environment.
An intuitively designed GUI allows monitoring and control, and all screens displayed on the controller’s LCD can be checked and controlled simultaneously online from a remote location.
By customer request, SNMP can be supported to check and control multiple transmitters in one place. (Methods including RS-485, SNMPv2, Web GUI (Ethernet), and Dry Contact, can be supported simultaneously).
Wide output range
Cost reductions through use of high-performance and high efficiency equipment
- Reliable and long-term operation due to high-margin RF output (high MTBF)
- Secures high reception electric field using excellent MER performance (35dB)
- Implements highly efficient Doherty amplification
- Use of highly efficient Doherty high power amplifier(HPA) consumes less than 100kW per system, based on a 30kW transmitter
- Standby power is minimized while “off-air” by automatically turning off the AC power, including the HPA, pump, and heat exchanger, which consumes a significant amount of power
- Energy loss minimized by optimizing the interface between systems
- In the event of a breakdown in the hot-pluggable amplifier modules, power supplies, or fans (air-cooled system), the broken module can simply be replaced
- Through long experience of high-quantity transmitter supply, application of customer feedback has contributed to an increasingly intuitive and convenient Graphic User Interface (GUI)
- Remote control by web GUI that shows the same screen as a transmitter GUI
Thorough quality control
- All the JM Broadcast’s design and manufacturing processes are ISO 9001:2015 certified. Not only the temperature and humidity testing is performed using a large-sized chamber, but a week-long Burn-in Test is performed and it results in providing highly durable equipment with competent performance.
- With various liquid-cooled and air-cooled RF power amplifier outputs, the customer can configure a transmitter with the desired output
- Through the excellent product design capabilities of professional engineers with over 20~30 years of experience, design and manufacture of customized transmitters is available
- An optimal transmission and reception environment is provided through design, not just of transmitters but also antennas, which takes account of the geographical characteristics of the target broadcast transmission area and the transmission station environment
The world’s first Single Frequency Network (SFN) test with ATSC 3.0 RF system succeeded
The world’s first terrestrial ATSC 3.0 broadcasting
- In May 2017, terrestrial UHD TV with the ATSC 3.0 system started broadcasting in Seoul using JM Broadcast’s transmitter, for the first time in the world
- During the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Games, the Olympics were broadcast on UHD for the first time in the world using JM Broadcast’s UHD TV transmitters